*Alam Sanctuary @ Taman Alam Putra: Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabinet approves access road to Mex

Go down

Cabinet approves access road to Mex Empty Cabinet approves access road to Mex

Post  Wyvernt Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:48 pm

The Star - 13 Oct 2011 --> http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2011/10/13/central/9675398&sec=central

THE Cabinet has agreed to build an access road to the Maju Expressway (Mex) near Serdang to ease congestion in the area.

Motorists going out of Serdang to Kuala Lumpur and Cheras through Jalan Besar are caught in traffic jams daily during peak hours.

Serdang Barisan Nasional chairman Datuk Liew Yuen Keong said the Cabinet had agreed in principle to build the link.

Bandar Putra Permai in Serdang, was still an undeveloped area when it was planned in 1992. While there are four exits, currently there is no link to Serdang from the Maju Expressway.

“We have had two meetings with the then works minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu. When the access road to the expressway was first proposed in 2007, it was estimated to cost RM50mil but now it is RM90mil,” he told reporters at the Serdang MCA office in Bukit Serdang 4.

Wanita MCA secretary-general Senator Chew Lee Giok said some Serdang residents go all the way to Puncak Jalil to get to the expressway.

“An access road to the expressway in Serdang will ease congestion in the township,” she said.

Seri Kembangan Federal Village Security and Development Committee (JKKKP) chairman Tang Kim Loy said he would also propose to the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) to widen Jalan BS 6.

“Many motorists use it to avoid the traffic jam along Jalan Besar to go to work or send their children to SRJK Serdang Baru 1 and SMK Seri Kembangan.

“Widening Jalan BS 6 will ease the congestion,” he said.

Liew also gave a 1MCA Medical Fund cheque for RM2,000 to taxi driver Liew Kwan Seng, 60, who is the Serdang MCA 6th division chairman, for cataract surgery.

“I was supposed to go to the Serdang Hospital for a free surgery but I had to wait until February next year.

“I am a taxi driver and have to make a living. I cannot wait that long,” he said.

However, Liew said the fund was not only for MCA members but also for the poor regardless of race or creed.

“The application must be done before the medical procedure and it takes us about three weeks to process.

“The cheque will be made out to the hospital and not the applicant,” he said.

So far, Serdang MCA has given out RM27,000.

The applicant must enclose a doctor’s report and referral letter from the branch chairman.

For details, call Ho at 03-8941 1668.
Wyvernt
Wyvernt
Admin

https://alamsanctuary.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down